Senior Property Accountant
About National Storage Affiliates Trust:
National Storage Affiliates Trust is a real estate investment trust headquartered in Greenwood Village, Colorado, focused on the ownership, operation and acquisition of self storage properties predominantly located within the top 100 metropolitan statistical areas throughout the United States. As of June 30, 2022, the Company held ownership interests in and operated 1,076 self storage properties located in 42 states and Puerto Rico with approximately 69.9 million rentable square feet. NSA is one of the largest owners and operators of self storage properties among public and private companies in the United States. For more information, please visit the Company’s website at www.nationalstorageaffiliates.com. NSA is included in the MSCI US REIT Index (RMS/RMZ), the Russell 2000 Index of Companies and the S&P MidCap 400 Index.
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Reports to: Property Accounting Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting for property taxes: monthly accruals, payments, analytical review, budgeting and forecasting
- Supports the key process in a publicly-traded real estate company
- Responsible for supporting the timely and accurate five day accounting close of:
- Property portfolio of greater than 700 properties
- Management company
- Perform various general ledger accounting tasks in a complex, multi-entity environment:
- Develop, document and post journal entries
- Cash transactions
- Property taxes
- Utilities and other expenses
- Reconcile monthly balance sheet accounts, supported by best-practice-quality documentation
- Assist with preparation and evaluation of budgets and forecasts for property taxes
- Complete certain monthly, quarterly, and annual sales & use tax filings
- Navigate state, city and municipal government requirements to obtain business licenses
- Assists other senior accountants and property accounting manager in preparing recurring and ad hoc management reports
- Apply critical thinking and Excel skills to analyze large data sets and find insights into financial results. Includes analyzing variances to budgeted and prior period amounts.
- Support policies, procedures and internal controls which are in place to protect company assets and ensure financial statement accuracy
- Both public- and industry-accounting experience, preferred
- CPA or equivalent, preferred
- Experience in real-estate or multi-unit-business accounting
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to multi-task
- Highly proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Sage is beneficial.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Strong communication skills are mandatory
- Strong attention to detail, reliable and flexible
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
- Professional maturity
Salary Range: $70,000 – $85,000 annual salary range
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Hours and Benefits:
- Flex work schedule with opportunities to both collaborate in the office and work from home.
- Competitive salary, PTO, and benefits (health/vision/dental).
- Paid holidays
- 100% paid health/vision/dental etc. for employee only plans with up to $3,500 funding towards HSA.
- 401(K) with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- A positive work culture of high integrity team members.
- Opportunities for career development and training.
- A healthy work life balance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work for the position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. All job descriptions are subject to change. Job functions and/or responsibilities can be amended at any time at management discretion.
At this time sponsorship is not available. Only permanent residents and citizens will be considered.
NSA OP, LP is an equal opportunity employer. Employment and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a covered veteran or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.