Corporate Staff Accountant
National Storage Affiliates (NYSE: NSA) is a fast-growing, publicly traded 5th largest real estate investment trust (REIT) in self-storage. NSA and subsidiaries are staffed by a dynamic team of accomplished professionals.
We are seeking a Corporate Staff Account to join our growing team in Greenwood Village. This role reports to the Assistant Corporate Controller.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Have experience with public company reporting and SOX compliance is plus
- Ideally be a CPA
Salary Range: $57,500-$67,500 annual salary plus variable compensation opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fixed asset recording and reconciliation
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Record journal entries
- Cash reconciliation
- Prepare support in response to internal and external audit requests
- Assist corporate accounting team in preparing recurring and ad hoc management reports
- Accounts payable
- Variance analysis
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 3 - 5 years of accounting experience
- Solid general-ledger accounting skills required
- Experience with public company reporting and SOX compliance is a plus
- Certified Public Accountant is a plus
- While not required, prior real estate industry experience is beneficial.
- A successful candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively and independently within the company and should be a:
- Self-motivated, team-oriented individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and a
- Well-organized, analytical, professional with diligent attention to detail, and
- An individual willing to embrace change in a growing business.
- Strong systems skills using a variety of software systems including advanced Excel and Word.
- Experience using Sage or BNA is helpful.
National Storage Affiliates Trust offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (100% paid) + a generous HSA contribution
- 401(K) Match
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
At this time sponsorship is not available. Only permanent residents and citizens will be considered.
NSA OP, LP is an equal opportunity employer. Employment and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a covered veteran or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.