Are you looking for a career, instead of a job? If so, National Storage Affiliates is looking for you! We are seeking talented, energetic, and highly motivated people to join our team.
NSA is a real estate investment trust headquartered in Greenwood Village, Colorado, dedicated to the ownership, operation, and acquisition of self storage facilities in the top 100 metropolitan statistical areas throughout the United States.
Purpose: Support various business functions within NSA, including the Legal, Accounting, Finance and Operations teams.
Reports To: SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, SENIOR LEGAL OFFICER
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting, filing and maintaining various business entity documents, including entity formation and foreign qualification documents, and maintaining corporate organizational charts
- Applying for, renewing and maintaining business licenses
- Managing certain insurance related processes, including:
- Collecting documents required to process insurance claims
- Coordinating regarding insurance claim status
- Reviewing insurance claim loss runs
- Administering the reporting process to add newly acquired properties or assets to policies
- Assisting the Legal team with various matters, including:
- Regulatory compliance
- Reviewing and responding to data privacy requests
- Administering corporate policies
- Real estate matters, such as easements, billboard agreements, and cell tower leases
- Litigation and disputes, including collection of materials for discovery requests and subpoenas
- Performing legal research
- Preparation of resolutions and written consents for company entities
- Preparation of various agreements and documents, such as secretary’s certificates and confidentiality agreements
- Collection of due diligence and assistance with closings for financing transactions, including preparation of settlement statements
- Assisting on an as needed basis with diligence and closings for real estate acquisitions and dispositions
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Professional demeanor with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with common sense and good judgment
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment, with the ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk. This position may be required to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as corporate paralegal or similar role
- Associate’s degree
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program preferred, or a combination of education and/or experience
Travel: Limited travel as needed for business support
Compensation Range: $52,000 - $62,000
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
National Storage Affiliates Trust offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
At this time sponsorship is not available. Only permanent residents and citizens will be considered.
NSA OP, LP is an equal opportunity employer. Employment and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a covered veteran or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.