IT Support Technician
National Storage Affiliates Trust is a real estate investment trust headquartered in Greenwood Village, Colorado, focused on the ownership, operation and acquisition of self storage properties predominantly located within the top 100 metropolitan statistical areas throughout the United States. As of March 31, 2022, the Company held ownership interests in and operated 1,061 self storage properties located in 42 states and Puerto Rico with approximately 68.4 million rentable square feet. NSA is one of the largest owners and operators of self storage properties among public and private companies in the United States. For more information, please visit the Company's website at www.nationalstorageaffiliates.com . NSA is included in the MSCI US REIT Index (RMS/RMZ), the Russell 2000 Index of Companies and the S&P MidCap 400 Index.
Reports to: IT Manager
This position provides a primary level of support to our internal customers- our employees. The IT Support Technician position provides technical assistance to internal users and will be required to perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and applications meet company and user requirements. They may also be required to troubleshoot computer, application, printer, and peripheral problems and resolve via telephone, in-person, e-mail or through remote access. They will also be required to document and tracks each issue in electronic help desk ticketing system. The IT Support Technician may also be required to coordinate with vendors on warranty related defective products and conduct regular computer orientation training for internal office users.
- Models and promotes both internally and externally the mission, and NSA’s CORE Values: Compassion, Accountability, Integrity, and Humility.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Acquires, maintains, and demonstrates current knowledge and competency.
- Performs workstation administration and management.
- Performs user account management including password change, requests for domain access and various user applications.
- Oversees the daily activities related to applications, workstations, and printer usage.
- Provides daily internal applications, workstation, printer, and peripheral help desk support in person, via telephone, help desk ticketing system, remote access, and remote site visits.
- Demonstrates an active effort to foster and promote a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Organizes ideas and communicates information in a style appropriate to the audience and situation.
- Deploys workstations, endpoint software applications and OS and application updates using endpoint management and imaging applications.
- Maintains Technology inventory and software licensing and works with management to ensure effective procurement and disposal.
- Installs and performs minor repairs to desktops, laptops, printers, and other peripherals as needed.
- Answers user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operations to resolve problems.
- Confers with staff and management to recommend new system improvements, requirements or modifications as needed.
- Refers and coordinates warranty related hardware and software problems or defective products to vendors.
- May assist with application configuration/scripting, reports development, server maintenance, security and network projects and activities on an as needed/available basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, as well as any physical requirements. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- Requires an Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years customer software and/or hardware technical support or help desk experience preferred.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows 10 & 11 operating systems, MS Office 2019 and O365.
- Understanding of basic networking infrastructure.
- Must demonstrate stress tolerance, resilience, and empathy in difficult situations
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must manage multiple requests and tasks
- Can prioritize effectively and manage shifting priorities
- Must be willing and able to work in a strong team-oriented environment
- Escalate issues, when necessary, in a timely fashion
- Must be a self-starter able to work online or offline hours with minimal or no supervision.
- Must have reliable transportation for periodic regional travel.
- Availability to support coast-to-coast time zone coverage (Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific), primarily Mountain and Pacific time zones.
- Ability to be on call in the evenings and over the weekend for urgent escalation items.
- Treats everybody with dignity and respect
- Is honest and trustworthy
- Respects authority and the chain of communication
- Exhibits a willingness and desire to learn about the company and its philosophies
- Exhibits empathy and patience
- Respects others’ opinions, beliefs, and position on a matter, even if it contradicts his/her own
- Understands the importance of, and practices respectful disagreement
- Follows fundamental business etiquette and protocols
- Complies with all policies and regulations
- Projects a positive attitude and image of the company internally and externally
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Hours and Benefits:
- Flex work schedule with opportunities to both collaborate in the office and work from home.
- Competitive salary, PTO, and benefits (health/vision/dental).
- Paid holidays
- 100% paid health/vision/dental etc. for employee only plans with up to $3,500 funding towards HSA.
- 401(K) with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- A positive work culture of high integrity team members.
- Opportunities for career development and training.
- A healthy work life balance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work for the position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. All job descriptions are subject to change. Job functions and/or responsibilities can be amended at any time at management discretion.
At this time sponsorship is not available. Only permanent residents and citizens will be considered.
NSA OP, LP is an equal opportunity employer. Employment and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a covered veteran or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.