Financial Reporting Manager
We are seeking a Financial Reporting Manager to join our growing team in Greenwood Village. This position reports to the Vice President, Controller.
As a member of the company's accounting team, the Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for the preparation and filing of the company’s external financial documents as well as the compilation and delivery of financial and operational information to individuals within the organization. This position requires a motivated professional with strong communication skills and a positive, problem-solving attitude. This person should have extensive technical accounting knowledge and the ability to interact with all levels of management throughout the company.
Salary Range: $92,000-$130,000 annual salary plus variable compensation opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare all documents supporting periodic financial reporting, including 10-K and 10-Q SEC filings, quarterly earnings supplemental packages, and earnings press releases, ensuring timely, accurate financial reporting
- Review quarterly XBRL filings for accuracy
- Assist in monitoring and achieving compliance with other regulatory requirements mandated by securities law (e.g. registration statement amendments, 8-K filings, proxy statements)
- Research and document technical accounting and financial reporting issues (e.g. new FASB pronouncements, SEC reporting updates and/or business transactions)
- Aid in developing and establishing company accounting policies
- Provide GAAP accounting expertise to corporate accounting department, support the monthly accounting close process, and assist the Controller with budget and forecast projections
- Design, prepare, and analyze ad-hoc reports to facilitate review of operational results by members of senior management
- Engage with independent accountants to facilitate the annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Lead special projects, as necessary
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant certification strongly preferred
- Minimum 4 years of accounting experience from either public accounting or financial reporting
- Experience with public company reporting and SOX compliance
- Strong systems skills using a variety of software systems including advanced Excel, Word, and XBRL and financial reporting applications are required. Experience using Workiva Wdesk preferred.
National Storage Affiliates Trust offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (100% paid) + a generous HSA contribution
- 401(K) Match
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
At this time sponsorship is not available. Only permanent residents and citizens will be considered.
NSA OP, LP is an equal opportunity employer. Employment and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a covered veteran or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.