Are you looking for a career, instead of a job? If so, National Storage Affiliates is looking for you! We are seeking talented, energetic, and highly motivated people to join our team.
NSA is a real estate investment trust headquartered in Greenwood Village, Colorado, dedicated to the ownership, operation, and acquisition of self storage facilities in the top 100 metropolitan statistical areas throughout the United States.
This position will involve direct interaction with personnel at all levels of the organization. This position will work on a broad range of challenging and sophisticated legal matters, with a focus on commercial and operational contracts, insurance matters, litigation, privacy and transactional documents. This position will involve a high degree of responsibility and autonomy. The Company seeks to hire an energetic, experienced, multi-tasking professional who is passionate about the practice of law and can manage broad legal generalist functions.
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Senior Legal Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial and operational agreements, including vendor agreements, cell tower and billboard leases, confidentiality agreements, licenses and easements
- Manage and administer day to day matters relating to the Company’s insurance program, including:
- Assisting with administration of captive insurance company
- Participating in the insurance renewal process
- Advising regarding scope of policy coverage
- Provide advice and counsel regarding privacy laws, including cross-functional collaboration to establish processes and maintain compliance
- Manage disputes and litigation matters
- Review and assist with real property purchase transactions on a periodic basis, including working with outside counsel in connection with title review and diligence and negotiation of purchase agreements
- Analyze and advise on compliance with joint venture agreements
- Participate in and contribute to a broad range of other strategic transactions, including joint ventures and financing transactions
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Legal Officer
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, drafting and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree and J.D. from an ABA accredited school and licensed to practice law in one or more states
- 5+ years of pertinent experience in commercial or operations transactions or litigation and drafting/negotiating agreements and documents
- The ability to confidently and effectively interact with colleagues and adversaries and to translate difficult legal principles into practical business solutions
- Must understand dynamics of managing outside counsel
- Quick learner with a high degree of common sense and resourcefulness, and the ability to work independently and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highest levels of integrity, discretion and maturity.
Travel: Some business travel may be required as needed.
Compensation Range: $115,000 - $145,000