Are you an experienced web product owner looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a thriving industry and growing company? Are you a highly motivated individual, with a software development background and a passion to deliver cutting edge products? If so, we invite you to apply.
We are seeking a strong product owner who can lead and manage the Content Management System (CMS), while working with Marketing and IT stakeholders to plan and prioritize the work with the goal of nourishing and growing our CMS as a strategic asset for our company. This person must have a recent software development background in order to lead the web development team through an agile software development life-cycle to continuously iterate and enhance our platform, while being the point person to help create and practice a disaster recovery plan, and to ensure adequate real-time monitoring is in place – all while not sacrificing speed or performance of the CMS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- As the owner of the CMS, will partner with Marketing and IT to define, track and test user stories in an agile software development life-cycle. These tickets may be feature enhancements, fixing bugs, improving our systems and code base, etc.
- Defines product vision with Marketing and IT, and will roadmap all backend and frontend enhancements, grooming and prioritizing the backlog to focus on the areas with maximum value, striking the balance between enhancements and proper maintenance.
- Helps to make sure that user stories have elaborate requirements listed and expectations are clearly communicated to developers and QA.
- Monitor website’s performance after each development rollout for impacts on load times, functionality, etc.
- Actively help mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of release goals.
- Stay up-to-date with our competitors and the industry. If we don’t have the experts to solve a particular problem (particularly on the IT side), it is this person’s responsibility to dig in, learn and help identify solutions that will help us be successful.
- Keep abreast with agile/scrum best practices and new trends.
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience as a product owner and/or business analyst for 3+ years
- CMS development experience would be preferred
- MS in computer science, engineering or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Familiarity with Atlassian products – Jira and Confluence, specifically
- Strong hands-on experience setting up / working with digital marketing tools that impact web: Google Analytics, Google & Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console, Google My Business
- Experience with SEO and QA automation as part of the dev ops: lighthouse or deepcrawl automator.
- Has a ‘Mobile First’ approach to the rendering of website and overall development resources
- Deep understanding of how search engines crawl websites, and the issues that can prevent or slow them down from doing a full crawl and indexation of our websites.
- Knowledge of how to eliminate any friction points between our websites and these SE crawlers.
- Effectively manage our websites’ crawl budgets from search engines’ crawlers/bots.
- Clear understanding of how to diagnose speed issues related to webpage load times: JS/ CSS caching & minification issues, etc. and how to appropriately and effectively address these issues.
- Master at handling various redirects from different pages, both internally and externally, and how to audit any issues or test for effectiveness.
- Complex project management skills to manage each project from the initial idea, through implementation with high attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritize.
- Extremely detail-oriented while having a sense of urgency and can also pull back to see strategically where things need to go based on business objectives.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker, eager to learn and is future focused, with a strong passion to continuously improve what we have.
- Is autonomous and takes pride in their work, looking to over-deliver and achieve ambitious results.
SALARY: 90,000 - 100,000 annual salary range
FLSA Status: Exempt
National Storage Affiliates Trust offers full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
National Storage Affiliates Trust, Storage Management and Leasing Company, LLC, and iStorage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a covered veteran.