Do you have experience implementing and running SEM strategies for bricks and mortar locations? Are you data driven, ambitious, and are you always challenging assumptions and innovating to drive growth and optimization? If so, we invite you to apply.
This person will report to the Director of Digital Marketing. She/he will be responsible for driving company growth through optimizing and managing the daily account responsibilities for paid search, aggregators/affiliates, and display/social campaigns. This person should have experience leveraging data, research, and industry best practices to challenge the status quo and find innovative ways to gain efficiency, improve cost per acquisitions and increase overall rentals.
We are looking for a Paid Search Manager who is very analytical and hyper focused on driving growth. This key growth role will have ownership over paid digital acquisition and engagement channels including Paid Search, Local Map Ads, Display banner and retargeting ads, etc., with a multimillion-dollar budget. Primary responsibilities will involve optimizing and scaling existing paid marketing campaigns and channels, while consistently generating and testing new ideas that can grow into key acquisition drivers. This is a critical role for the company with direct business impact ensuring we capture as much demand and continue to drive customers to our brands when they are most in-market for their storage needs, while also maintaining a balance between CPAs and customer lifetime value. You will be responsible for devising and executing channel and customer specific strategies in partnership with our AdTech partners (Google, Facebook, etc.) with a goal of driving significant revenue for NSA brands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Get into the details of how campaigns and account structures have been set up and identify opportunities to enhance the program further to drive results.
- Manage, review, and perform daily account activities in Google Adwords, Search Ads 360 and Bing Ads for the various brands that sit under the National Storage Affiliates parent company.
- Work closely with leadership to develop seasonal budgets based on historical performance and business data. Will be responsible to manage spend within budgets, while responsibly going after demand effectively and efficiently to get the most rentals possible at the lowest CPA possible.
- Demonstrated ability to run effective Map Pack ad campaigns on Google
- Optimize existing PPC initiatives and processes, and constantly keeping on top of industry trends and platforms that can help us continuously improve.
- Depending on level of experience leveraging machine learning PPC models, get a good grasp on what options are out there and how they could help us grow.
- An understanding and knowledge of how to push and pull data in and out of paid search accounts and Google Analytics accounts
- Identify/refine KPIs and optimize reporting for each KPI – monitor and report on KPIs regularly and dynamically shift strategy where necessary
- Effectively communicate and build relationships with other key marketing personnel and other internal partners such as data science who can help build required analyses to drive optimization efforts.
- Manage lead generation and aggregator platforms.
- Ability to look at data/reports and accurately and articulately tell the story of what is going on with the areas of your responsibility.
- Aspire to be an industry leader at the forefront of innovation
- Can articulate the issues affecting our paid search efforts to internal and external at various levels of leadership.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 – 4 years working in PPC. Ideally PPC experience in local businesses with enterprise level number of physical locations
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong hands-on experience with most of these tools: Google Analytics, Google & Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console, Google My Business, Adwords or Search Ads 360 (paid search platforms)
- Intuitive familiarity with relevant industry software
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in managing and driving PPC projects with web team to create proper landing pages, and pricing team to optimize between pricing and paid search spend.
- Research and Manage vast keywords, as well as negative keyword lists
- High competency at testing ad copy
- Complex project management skills to manage each project from the initial idea, through implementation with high attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong presentation and report writing skills to be able to present data and ideas in a clear discernible way.
- Is a passionate, curious and creative problem solver: Someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search
- Is innovative, always researching to come up with new ways to improve performance
- Ability to adapt and apply new technologies to marketing practices and programs
- Extremely detail-oriented while having a sense of urgency and can also pull back to see strategically where things need to go based on business objectives.
- Has a data-driven approach to making decisions. Not intimidated by tackling big data issues.
- Is autonomous and takes pride in their work, looking to over-deliver and achieve ambitious results.
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data
FLSA Status: Exempt
NSA OP, LP is an equal opportunity employer. Employment and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a covered veteran or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.