The Vice President of Acquisitions is responsible for identifying properties suitable for acquisition by National Storage Affiliates and its subsidiaries throughout the United States. This position in based in our corporate headquarters located in Greenwood Village, CO.
Principal Job Duties:
- Identify self-storage properties for sale in primary markets across the United States.
- Responsible for contacting and establishing a working relationship with identified targets and determining level of interest and timing to explore potential sale.
- Develop and manage acquisitions pipeline to ensure that deal flow will be sufficient to meet annual acquisitions targets.
- Ability to identify, underwrite and recommend potential investment opportunities by researching property, demographic and other pertinent information within target markets and apply analytical processes to determine whether opportunities meet or exceed the company’s investment criteria.
- Evaluate acquisition investment opportunities through financial and strategic industry analysis. Assist in the creation of detailed financial and operating models to assess opportunities.
- Interpret market information and asset pricing; develop a clear and concise investment strategy by effectively analyzing the strengths, weaknesses, value-creation opportunities and risks of the proposed investment.
- Develop detailed business plans for executive management approval, including modeling financial projections with detailed capital and operating budgets.
- Work with Senior Level Executives to continually refine acquisition strategy.
- Develop relationships with National Storage Affiliates Participating Regional Operators and corporate teams to coordinate and support underwriting efforts.
- Establish broker relationships and National Storage Affiliates’ market position.
- Negotiate business opportunity deals through the acquisition life cycle.
- Travel to markets, properties and industry conferences as required.
- Ability to perform purchase and sale contract negotiations, as well as, work the appropriate channels for financing new acquisitions.
- Ability to write clear and concise communications and draft Investment Memoranda for presentation to the Investment Committee.
- High degree of demonstrated organizational skills and problem-solving ability.
- Diligent, hard worker capable of thriving in an intense, high-energy, transaction-driven environment.
- Ability to independently create, validate, present and implement ideas; Intellectual curiosity.
- Strong financial quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence and Visualizations tools are a plus (SQL, Tableau, R, etc.).
- Ability to work independently or as a team. Ability to manage competing priorities.
Education and Experience
- 5 to 10 years of real estate investment experience preferably in the self-storage sector.
- Degree in Real Estate or finance or similar field of study or equivalent experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk. This position may be required to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
FLSA Status: Exempt
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work for the position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. All job descriptions are subject to change. Job functions and/or responsibilities can be amended at any time at management discretion.
NSA OP, LP is an equal opportunity employer. Employment and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a covered veteran or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.